Friday, July 3, 2009

Funny Things My Kids Say

Hayden:
Hey, that’s not fair that I drank all my drink and Hayley still has some left.

Hayley:
I poked myself in the eye but not on purpose.

You’re the meanest momma I ever met (that’s not really all that funny to me :)).

Alex:
Knock, Knock…….while rocking in the rocking chair (translation: rock, rock).

At this stage in our lives, Hayley really does come up with some funny stuff. Hayden is now old enough that he knows what he is talking about (most of the time) and Alex isn’t really talking yet (but he will!!). Some of the time the things they say aren’t always funny at the time (like telling me I am the meanest momma ever!) but I want to look back and remember all of it. They really are fun kids and I want to remember that too. How often do we get caught up in “things to do” and not enjoy our kids. The answer to that for me is ……way too often. I want them to be able to be silly and I want to be silly with them.

Hayden and I had a conversation the other day about smiles being contagious. We were discussing him and Hayley getting along (or I guess at the time you could say NOT getting along). I told him that if he stayed calm and smiled at her that it would make it better. But not just a smile on your face……a smile in your tone of voice and the way you think. I love how God uses my kids to tell me how I need to change my way of thinking. I can see that Hayden is trying this (at least some of the time) and of course when I put this in to practice it helps so much because the kids really do feed off of mom…….such responsibility :).

I hope the next time you see me I am smiling (and I mean really smiling). I also hope that the next time I have to “handle a situation” with my kids that I am smiling (and again….I mean really smiling). What a challenge!!

1 comment:

  1. Jennifer, I am really enjoying this blog.....I love the sayings they say! LOL Your pictures from the 4th were awesome! Felt kind of weird tho not being with ya'll while watching them!! They looked like they were having a blast, well except for Alex. I am waiting for another update now......I know they have something fun since this last one ...hehe

    ReplyDelete