Thursday, November 12, 2009

I have an eight year old!

It is official…..I am the mom of an eight year old. Tuesday, November 10th was Hayden’s birthday (I am just a little late posting this). I really can’t believe that he is already eight. I mean…..really…..people tell you that it goes by fast…..and they are right!!

We celebrated his special day with cupcakes for his class at school. They all sang Happy Birthday to him….in a whisper as to not disturb the other classes. It was very cute…..and the 2nd grade version is pretty funny!!

To continue the celebrating we let Hayden pick where we would eat for supper. He chose Denny’s…..yes Denny’s. So we drove to Corsicana and ate at Denny’s. I brought my camera to take pictures but I left it in the truck. Sometimes eating out with three kids has to be more about making everyone happy and keeping them semi quiet than about getting pictures! Hayden ordered pancakes with a whipped cream smiley face. I am pretty sure that he ate the entire whipped cream smiley face by scooping it up with his fingers……hey…it was his birthday (and he was quiet…..see how this works sometimes…and it had nothing to do with the fact that I was busy keeping Alex quiet and Cory was busy keeping Hayley quiet). Although we did insist that he use his fork to eat his pancakes….because he did try to just pick them up and eat them with his hands too. Who needs a fork?!?!

Hayden is a great kid and we are so proud of him. He is so much fun! I love getting to spend time with him.

Happy Birthday Hayden……We love you!!

1 comment:

  1. What a great update! And I can't believe he is "8" either! Time does fly when you are having
    fun"! I love the "Dennys" story, the many Dennys stories! LOL I so love that boy! So happy to hear he had a Great Day! Looking forward to Saturday!

    ReplyDelete