Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving!!

This is great time of year to really think about what we are thankful for. And we have a LOT to be thankful for!! But I have really tried to not just save all my thankfulness for one time of year. We have so much to be thankful for all year long. I read another blog and the writer does a “Thankful Thursday” post each week. I am going to start doing that (if I can remember to post once a week) so I can really think about all the things (big and small) that we have to be thankful for throughout the year.

As I think about all the things we have to be thankful for I can be overwhelmed with how God blesses our family each day. I have to work hard at looking for those things sometimes so I don’t get caught up in life and not appreciate each moment.

I could try to list all those things….but there is no way I would ever be able to do that. The “good” things in our lives are multiple. But we have also had a few “bad” things as well. If I really think about it then I am thankful all those things as well. I am thankful for those things because they are God’s plan for us and even though they might seem “bad” to us at times, He has a plan based on every experience we have. The things we see as “good” and “bad” are all given to us to help us grow into the person (and family) that He wants us to be.

I sat in church Sunday and listened to our pastor talk about being thankful. He talked about being thankful for our Savior and what He did for us. I was thinking….well, of course I am thankful for Jesus and that He died on the cross to save me from my sins. But I guess he challenged me to think a little deeper. If I didn’t have Jesus as my savior then all these “things” that I am thankful for wouldn’t matter.

I am thankful for each one of you that is interested enough in our family to read about us! I hope that each of you has a Very Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment