Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hayley is 5




Tuesday was Hayley’s 5th Birthday. We did not have a big party because we already celebrated her birthday in November. We had one party for her and Hayden! Really, she thought she was already five because we had her party.

I think she had a good day. She got balloons from both Granny and Nana. She requested Christmas cookies for her school snack (as opposed to me bringing cupcakes). Then she chose Pizza Hut for her birthday dinner. It was really a fun day!! All the kids were great while we ate (they all like pizza).

At bedtime she was acting like she didn’t feel good but I assumed it was the obnoxious number of cookies and other junk that I let her have (it was her birthday!!). But it turns out she had some sort of stomach bug. She felt bad all day yesterday but seems to be back to normal tonight. I hate that she ended her birthday not feeling well but she handled it well.

We did discover that Hayley cut her hair!!! Honestly, I am not sure when she did it but I think it was at least a week ago…..how does a mom not know that her kid cut their hair?!?!?! Apparently, Hayley is pretty sneaky. I already knew she was sneaky but she proved it a little more with this one. But even with her sneakiness, she usually tells me the truth (eventually). Thankfully, she only cut the bangs and it is not too short……I still need to even it out but it is not horrible. We did have a big talk about NOT cutting your hair (or anything else that you haven’t asked permission to cut).

I can only imagine what the future will bring with Hayley. I expect lots of laughs with a little bit of frustration mixed in. She makes it interesting around here!! I can’t believe she is already five!!!

We Love You Hayley!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it... She is too cute in that picture.... Hayley, Aunt Julie loves you very much....

    ReplyDelete