Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Suckies

Suckies…..that’s what we call them.

I wish I knew how many our three kids have gone through. How many we left on a table at a restaurant or on the floor of a store somewhere. And how much money we spent on replacing the lost ones. I am sure it would be an interesting number!!



Hayden had his for quite awhile.
Probably until he was almost three (but mostly just when he was sleeping). He had it in his mouth all the time. He never put anything else in his mouth….just his suckie. And he stayed quiet when he had it in too!!

Hayden - 16 months


Hayley had hers about the same amount of time that Hayden did (maybe a little longer). She could do tricks with it…..if you put it in her mouth upside down she would flip it over with her tongue. But it did not do a great job of keeping her quiet. She would talk (or scream and cry) with it in all the time.

Hayley - 19 months



Alex didn’t seem to need his as much for sleeping (like the other two did) but wanted it more during the day. He would chew on them. Which resulted in him chewing holes in most of the ones I had……thinking that it was going to be hard to get rid of the suckie, I went ahead and bought more. He chewed holes in a few of those as well (I think that the quality of pacifiers as gone down….I’m just sayin). Anyway, one day I gave Alex a suckie. It had a hole in it and that made him mad. He threw it across the room (literally). I tried to give it back to him (after telling him we don’t throw things, of course) but he shook his head at me and all but growled. So, I told him that he broke it and I didn’t have another one. Then I put him to bed without it!

Alex - 2 & 1/2


Well, I would like to announce that we are officially a “suckie” free house (that’s not completely true because there are still suckies in our house but no one is using them). That’s right….Alex is finished with his suckie!!

Some days I do wish that I could give it back to him to make him be quiet (have I mentioned that he screams a lot….when he is happy and mad and sad and etc.). The other day I found one and showed it to him to see what he would do (it has been almost 2 months since he has had one). He took it and put it in his mouth……then didn’t want to give it back to me. I was thinking……why did I just do that?!?! But we finally got it back and he forgot about it!

No more suckies!! That is a big step! That means my babies are growing up! Just another reminder to enjoy each moment now because they do grow up so fast!!!


5 comments:

  1. So, how do I get rid of the thumb?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I encouraged the suckie for that very reason!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay liked her suckie just fine...until she discovered her thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, such a remember when BLOG...............brings back so many sweet sweet memories. Oh well!!!! No more babies! Still sweet sweet grandkids!

    ReplyDelete