Friday, January 29, 2010

I can't talk

Well, technically I can talk but it is not much more than a whisper so no one can hear me. I am not sure what type of sickness has brought this on but I am tired of it. It started last night with a very scratchy voice and when I woke up this morning it was gone….. Really I sound horrible!!

I told Cory, in a whisper of course, that I had so much to say. He recommended (in a completely sarcastic kind of way) that I blog…….so here I am.

Cory heard somewhere that women need to say at least 20,000 words per day with men only saying somewhere around 2,000. He might have made those numbers up but there is no official documentation of this so I guess it doesn’t matter. And even if most men say more than 2,000 Cory tends to talk less than most (although he is more talkative now than ever).

Anyway, Cory likes to give me a hard time about getting in my words per day. I say that most words you say to kids don’t count……like…please don’t touch things that don’t belong to you, don’t hit your sister, don’t hit your brother, please finish eating now, etc. So, by the time Cory gets home everyday he can usually tell if I have talked to a friend or not.

Today has been almost miserable. Not only because I don’t feel well but because I CAN’T TALK!! It is one of those times where I could talk but I have to put so much effort into it that it isn’t worth it.

So, here I am…on my blog where I could “say” as many words as I want to say…..and I can’t think of anything.



4 comments:

  1. 1. That was not sarcasm but sincerity.

    2. Men/Women word count facts come from the teacher of Sunday School class I attended in 2005 (no, I was not the teacher). With 5 more years under my belt I think the numbers in my world are: Women 275,000 words per day, men 677 word per day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And just for the record.....when you are sick......you do not get to "roll over" unused words to the next day you feel well.

    That's all I have to say about that...I only have 77 words left until tomorrow and I still have to tell the kids goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest, I will use as many words as I need to use on any given day....so I am not worried about my roll over minutes!!

    All I have to say is that you make me laugh and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete