Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alex's New Tricks

Alex was being very cute and talkative last night so I decided to try and video him. Well, naturally when I get the camera out he didn’t want to perform but with a little coaxing we were able to get the video below.

While watching it, as Alex’s mom, I noticed all the GREAT things he is doing and wanted to share them with y’all!!

He has been climbing on the couch by himself for few weeks now (he really likes being able to do this). This was one thing I wanted to get on the video and he didn’t want to when he saw the camera. So Cory put the remote control to the TV on the top of the couch and told him to go get it……so he did. I am not sure but he might have said “did it” when he got up there.

He says “me me” …..that is his word for remote. Then Cory asks him to turn Blue’s Clues on with the remote (there is only about 6 buttons on the remote but he knows which one turns it on) and he does. He tries to put the remote back where is got it from and it falls down. He says “uh oh” and tries again. He says “me me” a few more times. When he hears the music at the beginning of Blue’s Clues he makes his “sound” for “Blue’s Clues.” Then we try to get him to say what Blue says…..I really don’t even know how to begin spelling the sound that Blue makes…..but you can hear it. Another new “trick” is asking him what the Roadrunner says…… “meep meep” or “beep beep” is Alex’s answer. He changes it up from time to time.

I asked him what was on his shirt. We had been to Puggles (Awanas) earlier and I think he tried to say “Puggle” or “quack quack” (Cory taught him that the Puggle says quack quack). But when he looks at his shirt he says “monkey” and then we thought he tried to say “guitar” but you can’t really hear that too good.

After that I was just trying to ask questions to see what all he would do for the camera. I got him to touch his hair and that was about it. He was interested in looking at the camera after that.

Here it is…….


1 comment: