Friday, March 12, 2010

"Big School"

It's official......Alex is in school!!



It seemed like a normal morning. I stayed in bed a little longer than I should have. We were reminding kids to gets dressed, eat, etc. I was busying getting myself ready (but I think I forgot to fix my hair.....oh well!), fixing lunches, making sure I had everything ready for Alex to go..... I think it was good that we were having a normal busy morning and that I didn't make a huge deal out of Alex's first day. I think that was good for me so I wouldn't think about the fact that my baby is THREE and he is going to school (at the BIG school). I think it was good for Hayley too. She might be a little jealous of Alex going to the school before she gets to. (We took her to the donut shop after we dropped the boys off and she is with daddy now.....so she is good)



I will say that having an older kid already in school and Alex being the third one has made this easier. Sending a kid to school for the first time seems harder when you aren't familiar with the school or the people there. We already know so many of the people at the school and I am pretty sure we have several people who will be watching out for Alex (I think both Nana and Granny have made sure of that :) ).









Here he is walking up to the door. He likes to walk around in the school and wasn't excited when we stopped off by the office to turn in his paperwork....he was ready to go!








He took off down the hallway.......didn't care if we were coming with him or not!














This is Miss Spencer's room. It is decorated with a jungle theme....complete with monkey's (which Alex loves) and other animal hanging from the ceiling. We were able to visit the classroom last night during Open House. Alex really liked the classroom and I think it helped him be more comfortable this morning!







Miss Spencer is in the background of this picture. I tired to get him to take a picture with her before I left but he chose not to......we will work on that later!








He walked in and just looked around. There is a lot to see in the room. He went right to playing and didn't even care when we left. I am sure there will be some time needed to get him completely adjusted to his new room and new schedule but I know he is going to do fine!



Thank you all for checking on Alex and celebrating his birthday and first day of school with us!! And thank you for praying!!



Next time I update (either here or Caring Bridge) I will let you know how his first day went! I have a busy day today.....cleaning, laundry, getting ready for Alex's party tomorrow night (and I am making his cake too). I better get to work!!

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer, WOW is all I can say, I have tried several times to write this today. Thank You so much for getting this blog out so quick today. Not only was I thinking about this being his 3rd birthday but GOING TO SCHOOL!! This made it a double whammy!! Seeing the picturs made it a lot better, him loving what he was getting to do!! We are so thankful to God that he has this school to go to. Watching his progress here lately has been awesome anyway, then to be able to get therapies everyday now. I love it when things fall into place.
    I know you have been really busy lately......this week is almost over. Good Job Baby!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you Alex..... Awesome job... Happy 3rd Birthday Alex.... Aunt Julie loves you very much....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited!! :) He looks like such a big kid and seems to fit right in. Can't wait to hear how his first day went!

    ReplyDelete