Saturday, March 6, 2010

Upward

I am a little late getting this one done considering that today was our last Upward game!!
For the last eight weeks Hayden and Hayley have both participated in Upward basketball and cheerleading. It was a lot of fun and I am both sad and glad that it is over. Eight weeks is a long time to have practices (Tuesday for Hayley and Friday for Hayden) and games on Saturday mornings (at 8:00 or 9:15).


Aunt Julie and I coached Hayden’s 2nd grade team. I don’t think of myself as a great coach…..not sure why. I don’t think I am able to accomplish everything I want to get across to the kids……an hour practice is not a long time to teach everything you need to know about basketball……to a group of talkative and silly kids!! I just hope that learned something they didn’t know before we started and that they had fun!!!


Our Team

Hayden calling a play.


Rebound!!

Hayden really enjoys playing…..but he can get a little…..well….mad! He tends to get frustrated easily and then can’t focus on the game (not sure where is got that…..must be Pepaw…HA!!). Sometimes I have to take my "coach hat" off and put my "mom hat" on. But when he can stay calm and have fun…..it is so fun to watch him play!!

Having a "talk" (attitude adjustment :))


I think this is a cool picture!!




Hayley surprised me at how much she liked cheerleading. Before she started I was worried that she wasn’t going to embrace it at all. But she loved it!! She did the cheers and was somewhat serious about it……and if you know Hayley then you know she is not serious about much!

Hayley's cheerleading team!


Ready....OK!!



Above all, the most important part of the Upward program is sharing the love of Jesus with the players and their families. We pray before each game and during practices we share a devotion. This year we discussed a lot about the Light that Jesus is for us. As a coach, it was a great chance to love on the kids……they are all great kids!! I pray that each player on my team and their families know HIM.

Praying before the game.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed coaching with you this year Jenn, I hope we can do it again next... I really enjoyed coaching Hayden as well. Love both of you....

    ReplyDelete